Thank you to everybody who came out for the 2012 Africa Bike Race!! With your support we raised approximately $8,000 – that’s 81 AfriKid bikes!!!
To see the 2012 Africa Bike Race results CLICK HERE.
Pledge Minimum: $130
Sport/Novice Race – August 18, 2012 @ 11:00 am
Sport Women – 1 lap (11.2 kms)
Novice Women – 1 lap (11.2 kms)
Sport Men – 1.5 laps (16.8 kms)
Novice Men – 1 lap (11.2 kms)
Youth Race – August 18, 2012 @ 12:00 am
Sport Youth Men – 1 lap (11.2 kms)
Novice Youth Men – 1 lap (11.2 kms)
Sport Youth Women – 1 lap (11.2 kms)
Novice Youth Women – 1 lap (11.2 kms)
Elite/Expert Race – August 18, 2012 @ 1:00 pm
Elite Men – 3 laps (33.6 kms)
Expert Men – 2 laps (22.4 kms)
Elite Women – 2 laps (22.4 kms)
Expert Women – 1.5 laps (16.8 kms)
- The pledge minimum to enter is $130, which is the cost to purchase one subsidized Kona AfriKid bike!
- All money raised will go towards the Africa Bike Project
- There will be prizes for the top 4 finishers for each race (possibly more depending on volume of riders in each category); Elite racers will receive CASH PRIZES!
- Crazy Larry Melnick will be MC on race day!!!
- Riders are responsible for the condition of their bike
- No race day registration will be accepted
- Limit of 300 riders. Be sure to register quickly!
- BBQ from 12:30 to 4:00 pm
- Sign-in will occur from 9:30 am until 12:45 pm in the Biathlon Building
- Due to the nature of this event we run the risk of cancellation due to bad weather or bear activity. The race will be cancelled if there is lightning in the vicinity of the Canmore Nordic Centre. If the race is cancelled prior to start at 11:0o am on August 18, 2012, A Better World Canada will refund registration fees. Otherwise, race fees and pledges are non-refundable.